Are you looking for a good deer chops recipe? This one is sure to satisfy you with rich and flavorful tastes. Deer chops are a popular dish consisting of thick cuts of deer meat, grilled or fried. The cuts typically come from the shoulder, neck or backstrap of the animal. They are typically seasoned with herbs and spices, then cooked over a high heat to create a juicy, tender meat. Deer chops can be served with a variety of side dishes.
Table of Contents
The Deer Chops Recipe
- 4-6 deer chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the deer chops with salt and pepper.
- Add the deer chops to the hot skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Remove the deer chops from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, and garlic to the hot skillet and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Pour in the white wine and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Return the deer chops to the skillet and spoon some of the herb-wine mixture over each one.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and roast for 15 minutes, or until the deer chops are cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!
What are Deer Chops
Deer chops are a lesser-known cut of meat found on deer. These chops, which typically come from the neck and shoulder of the deer, are flavorful, lean and tender.
Compared to other cuts of deer, such as the tenderloin, deer chops are less expensive and easier to cook. They can be grilled, pan seared or roasted, depending on the desired texture and flavor.
When preparing deer chops, it is important to note that they are best when cooked to medium-rare. Cooking them to well done will result in tough, dry meat. It is also important to trim off any excess fat before cooking to avoid an overly greasy meal.
Deer chops can be served as is or seasoned with your favorite spices and herbs. When served with the right sides, such as roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes, these chops make for a delicious and healthy dinner.
For those looking for an alternative to beef or pork chops, deer chops are a great way to enjoy deer meat without breaking the bank.
Are Deer Chops Good?
Deer chops are a tasty, lean and healthy meat option, and can be a great way to add some variety to your dinner table. But are deer chops good?
The answer is a resounding yes! Deer chops have a mild, slightly sweet flavor that is similar to beef steak. They are a lean meat and are high in protein and low in fat, making them a great choice for those trying to watch their cholesterol. Deer chops also contain minerals such as phosphorous, potassium, and iron, as well as vitamins such as thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and vitamins A, D, and B6.
When it comes to preparation, deer chops can be cooked in a variety of ways. They are great for grilling, pan-frying, roasting, braising, and slow-cooking. Deer chops can also be a great addition to soups, stews, and chili.
When selecting deer chops, look for cuts with even marbling (white streaks) of fat. This will ensure even cooking, and a more tender, juicy cut of meat.
In conclusion, deer chops are not only good, but also a lean and nutritious meat option. Whether you are looking to add some variety to your dinner table or are just looking for healthy meal options, deer chops can be a great choice.
Conclusion – Deer Chops Recipe
This incredible deer chops recipe is a great way to show off your culinary skills when entertaining guests. Not only is it easy to prepare and cook, it also offers the perfect balance of savory, sweet, and zesty flavor. With a few simple ingredients and some creative seasoning, you can create a delicious and inspiring dish that will have your guests licking their fingers and asking for seconds. Serve it with fresh vegetables and a side salad for a complete meal, and you’ll have a great way to impress your family and friends.
Check out some other amazing deer recipes like our Deer Jerky Recipe with Dale’s Seasoning.